Crab sushi is an extremely popular dish in Japan. It is one of the most delicious recipes that bring joy to everyone who tastes it. Well, if you have heard of this dish then, you will indeed wish to know more about this incredible recipe.
The post below will be explaining every step that needs to be followed to make the most delicious recipe of crab sushi. It will also shed some light on the nutritional value of this dish to help you understand the reasons behind its popularity. Crab sushi dish is not just delicious but also equally healthy for your body. So, keep on reading the post further to know the recipe of this amazingly interesting Japanese recipe.
Recipe to cook crab sushi
The crab sushi recipe as stated above is a Japanese recipe that tastes mouth-watering. The white and red ‘crab stick’ that is generally named as the imitation crab comes from water that is the sea. In Japan, these crab sticks are called ‘surimi’ that means ‘ground meat’.
Hence, it is a form of hot dog of the ocean. Well, if you get the taste of this scrumptious recipe then, you will indeed keep eating it. If you are now eager to know the recipe and the list of ingredients required to make this recipe then, keep reading the post further.
To start with the process of cooking this amazing recipe, you need to do minimal preparation which might take around 15 minutes or so. The list of ingredients that you will require to make this appetizing recipe has been laid down below for your reference. Go through this list and try to get all the material required in one place so that it is easy when you start making this dish. Every item should be kept in the exam the same quality if you are making it for the first time as there are chances that you might make mistakes.
- Two cups of white rice are required
- Two sheets of nori or seaweed squares
- Eight ounces of imitation crab or any crab
- Eight ounces of cheese cream softened
- Two avocadoes that are properly diced
These are a few of the ingredients that you will require to make the most delicious crab sushi recipe. Let us now know the process of making this incredibly tasty recipe so that you can have it every day at your home.
The process to cook crab sushi recipe
Well, the process of making this recipe is quite easy and simple. The steps to make this recipe have been laid down below for your reference. Ensure to follow all the minor o major steps to make the most delicious mouth-watering recipe.
- Take 2 cups of white rice and then soak it in water. Ensure not to soak the rice for more than 20 minutes. It will help the rice to make it stickier.
- Now that you have soaked the rice, the next step is to cook it in the cooker as per the instructions of the manufacture. You can also use a saucepan if you do not have a rice cooker. Though, the rice cooker is always preferred first in case you have both.
- After the rice has been cooked well, you need to keep it at rest for a while to let it cool. You can spread the rice well on a plate so that it cools down faster.
- Meanwhile, you can shred the imitation crab to not waste your valuable time. After shredding it, you can then mix this crab with the cream cheese.
- You can now cover the mat of bamboo sushi you have with the plastic wrap. Then, place the seaweed sheet on the mat by keeping the rough side towards the top.
- Moisturize your hands for the next step that you have to carry forward. You will have to scoop a small amount of rice upon this seaweed. Press over the rice so to spread it up on the edges evenly.
- It is best suggested to use both of your hands to complete the process appropriately. Now you can flip this seaweed but you have to be extra careful while putting the rice towards the bottom.
- Well, by now that process is almost completed. You need to spread the mixture you prepared earlier of the cream cheese and the avocado.
- As you have spread it evenly on the crab sushi, you can roll out sushi with the help of your hands to complete the entire recipe of crab sushi recipe. You can also cut it into pieces to serve many people.
This was in all the steps that you are supposed to follow to make the most delicious Japanese recipe at your home without the help of a master chef. Now, let us proceed further to know some of the nutritional value of this amazing recipe.
Nutritional value of crab sushi recipe
The Crab sushi recipe indeed is one of the most popular dishes. Interestingly, it isn’t just delicious but also has a lot of nutritional value and hence is quite beneficial for your health. All the nutrients that this recipe offers have been enlisted below.
- Iron: 1mg
- Calcium: 129mg
- Vitamin A: 531IU
- Vitamin C: 12mg
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 4g
- Potassium: 767mg
- Sodium: 397mg
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Calories: 625Kcal
- Protein: 16g
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 87g
These are the nutrients you will get by eating this incredibly delicious crab sushi recipe. It is indeed one of the most scrumptious recipes that bring water in the mouth. Always ensure to use the same quantities to items to avoid making mistakes and make a tasty dish. Be careful if you are not a good cook and make something for the first time. You need to be careful as this recipe might be a bit tricky for you. However, it is not to be taken that only a good cook or a master chef can make this dish.